Total Pageviews

Monday, November 22, 2010

Daily Quote: October 14, 2010

"[Everyone who cares about our children should post this on their walls.]


I am gay and I, too, was bullied by people in elementary school and junior high school. The self-loathing I felt was too intense for words and it was only my anger and hate of those people that brought me through to where I was able to learn to love myself.

And some very loving friends in high school, straight mostly, who taught me about self-worth and about loving myself for who I am. And that is what I try to teach people today. It's all good and things do get better.

If you're a young gay person reading this and you're hurting, find someone, anyone -- a teacher, a therapist, a friend, a family member, a spiritual mentor, a Facebook buddy, or your friends at The Trevor Project (http://www.thetrevorproject.org/) -- to share your pain, your hurt, and your story.

Do NOT do anything hurtful to yourself. Please …. for me and for all of us who care …. DO NOT do anything hurtful to yourself

You are a creative, brilliant person waiting to burst out and become an amazing being. And one day, same as me and many others like me, you will be able to help people just like yourself. Do not, do not, do not cave in. You be the winner; let them be the losers. We need you.

Thank you for being you!"
-- October 14, 2010

Share this post :
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on Delicious
Share on Reddit
Share on Digg
Share on simpy
Share on Technorati
furl Share on furl
Feeds RSS Subscribe to Feeds RSS

No comments: