Total Pageviews

Monday, November 22, 2010

Daily Quote: November 14, 2010

"This morning when I woke up, it was if my ego had attended night school while I dreamt. All the world looked off-kilter and slightly darker than it usually seems. The good aspects of my life felt tarnished and the undesirable things (stuff I think I need to work on) seemed daunting and life-threatening. I will never finish organizing my home, the money will run out sooner than later, any day now people will discover the "real me," and death's toothless grin will not lead to oneness but to separation. These are the way things seemed to me this morning.

Then I made coffee, read from A Course in Miracles, did yoga, and focused on what is real. All that I truly need is within my immediate grasp -- oxygen, a roof over my head, good food, and the best gaggle of friends in the word. The rat running around in my brain, brought to me by Ego Night School, is a puny little thing whose beady black eyes are filled with fear. He is but a shadow of my brilliant Self, the gnawing doubts that linger from days before I remembered who I a am -- a child of light.

Now looking out the window of my home in Washington, DC, the sterling light of day, the fantastic neighborhood, the promises of what today will bring swaying gently with each breath of breeze -- I look inward at the rat skulking in the corridors of myself and say out loud, `I'm on to you, you know. I am totally on to you.'" -- November 14, 2010

Share this post :
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on Delicious
Share on Reddit
Share on Digg
Share on simpy
Share on Technorati
furl Share on furl
Feeds RSS Subscribe to Feeds RSS

No comments: