Total Pageviews

Monday, July 7, 2008

Thouhts for Monday, July 7, 2008

I feel pretty sheepish about my gung-ho declaration re my need to write daily and using this blog as a means to do that. Here it is a week later and only my second entry. Perhaps I should change the name of this blog to

Thoughts for This Monday.

Ahh, well, no beating up of myself permitted. I've had a million reasons for not writing -- most of them pretty darn good. A very special person in my life and I decided, after what seemed like trying everything possible to make it work, to change the status of our relationship. We're friends now -- and you'd think that would give me a zillion things to write about. But instead, it's had the opposite affect.

OK, but that's just one reason. Another is the guilt I've been holding over my own head because the next issue of my newsletter, DREAMScene, is late. Mostly because it's such a great issue with so many cool articles ... but still. My Long Island upbringing demands a keep a little guilt on the back burner at all times.

But hey, I'm definitely getting better. A lot better.

I will write again, the newsletter will come out (probably this week), and all is well. All is always well.

So walking to work today, I passed this enormous tree --or what used to be a tree. All that was left was the stubble of the original life form, a mere trunk sawed off at ground level. At least on a visual level that was all that was left. But this tree had been so powerful that its energy still remained exactly as it was before its physical form had been shorn away. I could see the outline of the tree that used to be -- it's energy was that strong.

Was this my fantastic imagination or was the energy really there? Am I merely a creative writer who thinks he sees this stuff, makes it up, writes about it?

Well, those acquainted with me (and who often humor me or just put up with me) know I believe say that the energy of the tree is definitely real and that when you're attentive to and open to such things, they make themselves known to you. In fact, I am forever amazed at the things that I am aware of once I remove the illusion of "reality" from things.

What a blessing it is to know this tree; to have known this tree; to know this tree as it will be one hundred years from today.

And so it is with me.

Share this post :
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on Delicious
Share on Reddit
Share on Digg
Share on simpy
Share on Technorati
furl Share on furl
Feeds RSS Subscribe to Feeds RSS

No comments: