Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Poke Um'

I was just thinking this thought coming back from lunch and thought I'd better jot it down ...

If Spirit calls me back now -- at the ripe young age of 55 and nearly 11 months -- please don't cry for me. And if anyone you know who knew me cries for me, you have my permission and encouragement to poke them sharply where it hurts. Make her or him cringe.

Why?

Because these days I have been so happy and so amazingly content with my life that I can't imagine how it could have ever been different. Today I understand that everything that has ever "happened" to me -- every good and so-called bad thing -- has been something I chose. Nothing was a mistake and each and every thing was a lesson. Not always gracefully learned, I admit, but a lesson just the same. Each illness, each "tragedy", and each calamity was something I yearned for so that I could evolve through and beyond it. So that I could witness my ego creating all sorts of stories about the event(s) so as to tie myself in knots. And then learn to unravel those knots through meditation and other spiritual practices.

Now, knowing what I know of life and the reason(s) I came here (that I am not simply myself but my Self and that I am here to learn and cleanse/release my soul), I am so grateful and deliriously happy.

Now when I die, I know I'll be returning home. To think there is anything bad in that is simply foolish and naive.

And so it is. Share this post :
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on Delicious
Share on Reddit
Share on Digg
Share on simpy
Share on Technorati
furl Share on furl
Feeds RSS Subscribe to Feeds RSS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And now what happened to me last night. I had a dream that was not visual in any real way. It was as if it were a realization with me interacting and discussing with someone, maybe Spirit. It all had to do with the realization that every moment is perfect as it is and that everything that is going on with each of us is a constant preparation for every other moment being as perfect as possible. This moment could not exist as it is in its perfection
if all that has gone before had not prepared it for its perfection. Now this was the conclusion in the dream of going over things that are happening in my life now even the pain in my foot. In the dream
the specifics of life as it is , all the details, good and bad, were remembered and then came this ah ha moment where it was made aware to me that all of that contributes and makes every moment perfect.
All are one. When one dreams or has an awareness like this, all do.
Thanks for listening, or reading in this case,
Sal

Michael Walker said...

Sal!

Thanks so much for the comment! I just figured out that people have been leaving comments but I haven't been getting notified. Sorry about that! I guess I'm still working on figuring this all out! I'm pretty sure I'll get contacted now; and I'm using this as my primary blog, too!