Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2011

ReFirement Has Sure Proven To Be Interesting

I have to say, reFirement has sure proven to be interesting.

(For those who missed my earlier blog entry, reFirement is my term for the charged up sense I got when I left my wonderful old job and was astounded by all the amazing new life opportunities I discovered were waiting for me.)

Not only am I busier now than I think I've ever been in my life -- but I'm happier. And it's not because of some huge pension (ha!) or because I spend all my time sitting by a pool (I'm not, but wouldn't mind doing so!).

It's because I've found ways to keep myself both busy and inspired.

  1. First of all, there's my website, DREAMWalker Group. This is a massive site I began with the express purpose of creating a web of authors. The theory was that people could go to this hub -- readers and writers -- and locate information about authors.

    At DREAMWalker Group, I provide:
  • Free profiles for each writer along with contact information,
  • A historical listing of their books (with Amazon.com links to encourage book buying),
  • Links to other authors in the same subject field, and

    (as they say on TV)

  • Much much more! (See a sample of what YOUR free profile could look like here.)

    I think that the best thing about the site is that every year I take 40% of the commissions I make and give them back to the literary community. I do this by making donations to organizations or by offering sponsorships to their events.

    In previous years I've done this for Lambda Literary and the Saints and Sinners Literary Festival. I encourage you all to donate to them, too, by going to the Lambda Literary and the Saints and Sinners Literary Festival sites, respectively.

    (If not those groups, please donate to your own favorite literary or arts cause right now!)

    Authors who want a free profile at DREAMWalker Group should write me at dreamwalkergroup@me.com; I'll be happy to set one up for you!
  1. When I'm not working on DREAMWalker Group, I'm tinkering around over at Awakened Man. This site is another hub -- but one that's all about me. On it I provide links to the various ways I try to keep even busier -- and pay my mortgage .

    They include (but are not limited to):

I create a safe space to provide healing, learning, & transformation. Energy, body, and soul work on an individual basis.


Social Media Management
I'll update your website news/blog entries, manage/update your LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter accounts, and encourage the acquisition of new followers/fans.


Writing/Editorial Services
Specialties include features, humor, new age, nonfiction, spirituality, and website development.

I'll tell you one thing good about reFirement. It keeps me busy and it keeps me out of trouble. And it's all achieved without medication!

Just the occasional hop, skip, jump, and whistle to let the world know I'm here!

Thanks for your incredible support everybody!
You're all awesome!
Michael Walker
Washington, DC
202-256-9198


Me @ Social: Facebook Foursquare LinkedIn Twitter
Me @ Website: Awakened Man DREAMWalker Group


Share this post :
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on Delicious
Share on Reddit
Share on Digg
Share on simpy
Share on Technorati
furl Share on furl
Feeds RSS Subscribe to Feeds RSS

No comments: