Total Pageviews

Friday, January 13, 2012

Just a Sleepless Dream

I meant to post this from my Facebook account yesterday, but sometimes life moves faster than I am able!

Fortunately, I do eventually get around to paving my Road of Good Intentions!



===



This morning I awake from the tossing, and turning, and sleepless night dream which portends a day to follow filled with dark things and a lack of zeal. For sleeplessness underscores my body's need for something that it thinks is separate from God/dess. I expect that lack of sleep is somehow detrimental to my well-being. 


But my body is not real; it is my ego's greatest tool to distract me from the truth of the only thing that is real about me: my Inner Self. 


My little, frightened ego waves sleeplessness (or threatening headlines, a mild headache, my thinning hair, or a death in the family) in front of me like a pick pocket waving a newspaper; its aim to deflect my attention from the truth of who and what I am.


But years of experience with the false prophet (ego) enables me to turn my back on it and merely watch it -- knowingly -- from the corner of my eye. Sneaky ego -- you want me to forget that I can awaken from all the dreams (and layers of dreams) and merely allow Peace to carry me above them.


I choose to awaken today; I choose to remember that I awakened yesterday; I choose to remember that I will be awakened tomorrow.


All is well.


[Note: As I progressed through the writing of this piece, the sun burst through the gray clouds here in Washington, DC.]

Share this post :
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on Delicious
Share on Reddit
Share on Digg
Share on simpy
Share on Technorati
furl Share on furl
Feeds RSS Subscribe to Feeds RSS

No comments: