Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Response to a Friend's Facebook Posting

A friend of mine recently posted a note on Facebook. Here's the note and my response.

There are times when I know I should be praying but I'm not. When I remember it again, my first prayer is of thanks. It's just automatic; that's the first prayer that hits my mind. It's what I pray when I receive the Eucharist, too. Anybody else have that mindset?

---

A good way is to pray without ceasing. Just make it part of your 24/7 as best you can. Stay conscious of the divine being you are -- one connected to God --who adores you just as you are.

Imagine yourself nestled in His caring hands. Continually comforted. Constantly loved. You're human -- the universe knows that and -- so don't beat yourself up for feeling the ups and downs of your humaness.

Your life is unfolding exactly as it should; and expressing gratitude for that is probably appreciated more by God than anything else.

Having a cup of tea that you love? Smile and love the smell because God gave it to you. Enjoying a sunset? Thank God. God fired from a job? Be grateful for the lessons learned and because something miraculous is right around the bend.

(Your friends love you, too.)
Share this post :
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on Delicious
Share on Reddit
Share on Digg
Share on simpy
Share on Technorati
furl Share on furl
Feeds RSS Subscribe to Feeds RSS

No comments: